Daniel “Mãozinha” Galvão is the head coach and founder of “Team Mãozinha Brazilian Jiu Jitsu & MMA”, and owner of Brazilian Top Team North Houston. Daniel is a 4th Degree Black Belt who trained under the famous Master Ricardo De La Riva. De La Riva was awarded his black belt by Grand Master Carlson Gracie Sr., whom is considered legendary in the history of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu. Daniel is the highest ranking black belt in North Houston, and has over 19 years experience instructing a wide range of students, from children to professional fighters. Originally, Daniel is from Belém Do Para, Brazil which is the birthplace of the founders of Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, Carlos & Helio Gracie. He has lived around the world both teaching and competing in Jiu Jitsu & MMA.
Daniel believes that Brazilian Jiu Jitsu is valuable for everyone- not just athletes. It is one of the paramount forms of martial arts for both adults and children, as it instills discipline, confidence, and respect in those who practice it.
BRAZILIAN JIU JITSU LINEAGE
Carlos Gracie – Carlson Gracie Sr. – Ricardo De La Riva – Daniel “Mãozinha” Galvão
Professional Coaching Experience
United Arab Emirates – Military Presidential Guard Jiu Jitsu Coach
Abu Dhabi Education Council – Secondary School & Military High School Jiu Jitsu Coach
Ulisses Pereira Academia: Belém Do Para, Brasil – MMA Coach
– Luis “Sapo” Santos – One FC, Bellator
– Iliarde Santos – UFC, Titan
– Davison “Dragon” Ribeiro – XFC Champion
– Bruno “CroCop” – AFC, Ironman FC
– Michel “Tractor” Dos Prazeres – UFC
American Kickboxing Academy: Fresno, California – MMA & Jiu Jitsu Coach
– Josh Koscheck – UFC, Bellator
– Justin Willcox – Strikeforce, Bellator
– Anthony Ruiz – UFC, Strikeforce, TPFC, Bellator
– Phil Collins – TPFC
– Ben Holscher – Strikeforce
– Gabriel Solorio – TPFC
– Casey Olson – Strikeforce, TPFC
– Zoila Frausto – Bellator Women’s Champion
MMA Amateur & Pro Fighter- Brasil
NoGi Jiu Jitsu/Grappling
-2nd Place – Grappler´s Quest UFC Expo (2010)
– 3rd Place – Trials Abu Dhabi (2005)
– 3rd Place – World Champion IBJJF Long Beach (2009)
Brazilian Jiu Jitsu
– 1st place – Royler Gracie Cup (1997) Purple Belt
– 1st Place – State League Rio de Janeiro – Purple Belt
– 1st Place – Absolute League of Rio de Janeiro Open Weight (1999) Brown Belt
– 1st Place – Cyclone Cup Rio de Janeiro (1999) Brown Belt
– 1st Place – State Champion of Rio De Janeiro Middle-Heavy (2001) Black Belt
– World Pro Abu Dhabi Championship (2014) Black Belt Winner
– Winner/Submission of the Night – Fight To Win Pro 66 : 190lb Black Belt Gi
IBJJF Certified | MMA & BJJ Referee
KERIS TIMOL – RYT 200
Keris helps brings healing to those seeking a sound mind, body and soul. Through the practice of yoga and meditation, Keris guides her students to living healthier and happier lives. With her roots in Hatha yoga, tantric yoga and meditation she leads her classes with an inspired flow, focused on flexibility, strength and peace.
Keris has been avid yogi for over a decade. Before devoting her work to yoga, she played professional basketball in Wales, U.K and taught Middle School Physical Education. Keris is registered with Yoga Alliance (RYT 200) and completed her 200HR training with Zuna Yoga in Bali. She also completed her 100 hr Meditation training at Pure Yoga NYC with Yogi Charu.
You can find out more about Keris & her practice at www.kerisyoga.com , and on facebook & instagram @keris.yoga!